The Intel i9-9900K is not the newest and best Intel CPU, but it is still the top model of 2019 and therefore one of the best gaming processors on the market. In this article, we try to introduce some of the best CPU cooler for the i9 9900k
Only with the flagship LGA 1200 models such as the flagship Core i9-10900K and 10700K, the 9900K can still compete with the latest CPUs and get out, not a winner, but a medal in the neck.
This octa-core and 16-core processor can also break the 5 GHz limit and achieve significant performance jumps in thermal costs.
In other words, if you want to get the 9900K to its maximum speed, you have to equip it with a powerful cooling system.
However, you do not need to use a liquid AIO cooling system when overclocking.
Remember that you can use an expensive air conditioner to overclock 9900K. You can easily reach 5 GHz without any problems with a large piece of air cooling metal such as NH-D15, Dark Rock Pro 4, Deep Cool Assassin II, or some other mixtures.
Consequently, it is important to get the maximum benefit from the processor that can be achieved by overclocking and pushing its credentials.
Factors to consider when buying the best CPU cooler with the i9 9900k
If you are a good gamer or overclocker, you probably have a better idea when buying a CPU cooler. It is still important to use the checklist at least once in a while. Beginners need to be well-versed in the technical aspects before making their first purchase.
Here are some tips to help you get started:
What exactly do you need?
If you are a gamer or a multi-level professional, CPU overheating is quite common. Also, if you have an Intel i9 9900K installed, you definitely need a high-end air conditioner. Conversely, if you are not a fan of it, a budget cooler may be right for you.
Air cooling versus liquid cooling
There are primarily two types of cooling systems, including air cooling and liquid cooling. Liquid cooling is able to absorb more heat than a traditional air cooling system.
However, it is relatively expensive. If you do not have enough budget, you may want to choose an air conditioner processor.
The air conditioner comes with a large metal tank and a fan that blows air away from the processor. To do this, you need to check the type of CPU socket and make sure that the dimensions are compatible with your computer case. While the sound should be on the box, CPU fans do not need to be loud.
Air cooling versus liquid cooling
This is definitely something you want to check out before committing to a purchase. The second choice is the liquid cooling system. These are often referred to as all-in-one or AIO liquid coolers.
They circulate the coolant from your processor to the fans, which helps keep hot air out of the case.
Liquid coolers are more efficient and are normally quiet. However, they are a bit difficult to install and cost more.
Depending on your preferences and budget, choose the right option that goes back to what you feel comfortable with.
An effective cooling mechanism makes the most of your computer and also maintains the temperature during long sessions of the game. It is important to make sure your system has the best airflow when choosing the best processor cooler for the i9 9900k.
Universal CPU socket
Most CPU coolers in this guide are compatible with traditional sockets. However, certain models require special sockets. Make sure you are familiar with them and have the rules to meet the need.
A CPU cooler tends to make an irritating sound when everything around you is quiet. You should preferably choose an air conditioner that produces at least a decibel of sound, such as the Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro Liquid CPU.
The best CPU cooler for the i9 9900k
The Noctua NH-D15 is one of the best CPU cooling pairs with the i9-9900K, and for good reason. We found that the air conditioner is very quiet when working under pressure and has excellent cooling performance even without water.
The NH-D15 cooler is efficient enough that it is equivalent to a 280 mm AIO cooler. Also, the performance is close to the appearance of custom water cooling.
Silence usually comes from high-quality Noctua fans, and this experience is quite exceptional. When it comes to the best CPU coolers for the i9-9900K, it has to be one of your favorites.
If you are looking for an air conditioner that is both quiet and well ventilated, the Noctua NH-D15 is a great choice. With this cooler, you can have enough overclocking. The build quality is high and offers value for money.
- Operates optimally and quietly in heavy workload
- Finest airflow management
- Great RAM clearance ability
- Features air pads that assist in noise reduction
- Comes with two 140mm fans on both sides
- User-friendly mounting mechanism
- Some people may not like the color
- Slightly expensive
- Intel Compatibility: LGA2066 / LGA2011-0 / LGA2011-3 (Square ILM) / LGA1156 / LGA1155 / LGA1151 / LGA1150
- AMD Compatibility: AM2 / AM2+ / AM3 / AM3+ / FM1 / FM2 / FM2+ (backplate required) / AM4 with NM-AM4
- Material: Copper, aluminum, connected joints & nickel plating
- Fan Speed: 300 – 1500 RPM
- Fan Size: 140mm x 2
- Bearing Type: SSO2 Bearing
- Noise Level: 24.6 dBA
- Heat Pipes: 6 Copper Heatpipes
- Cooler Height: 165mm
Dark Rock Pro 4
It has a good reputation for producing silent computing products with coolers, fans, and almost silent frames. To fully understand the CPU cooling, the highest quality of construction, effective performance, and almost incomprehensible sound output is provided.
Has a distinctive black coating with ceramic elements for optimal heat transfer. This unit holds for an extra 120 mm fan. Also, the highest cut aluminum coating with high-quality diamond cutting texture.
The price of Dark Pro 4 certainly does not break your bank. Air conditioners with several features similar to large premium air conditioners are reasonably priced. When it comes to beauty, you will definitely consider it.
Great aesthetics, especially if you are not interested in more RGB stuff like a stealth structure. The air conditioner works with the right size, efficiently and quietly. In general, there are no complaints about design or performance.
- Looks very cool with an all-black finish
- Decoupled fan intensifying
- Seven cutting-edge high-performance copper heat pipes that make the most of heat conductance
- Exclusive wave-contoured cooling fins for quiet airflow
- Slight dots on the fin surface create a major cooling area
- Fins have enhanced RAM compatibility
- Installation needs some patience
- Intel Compatibility: 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011(-3) Square ILM / 2066
- AMD Compatibility List: AM2(+) / AM3(+) / AM4 / FM1 / FM2(+)
- Noise Levels: 24 dBa
- Number of Fans: 2X120MM
- Cooling Methodology: Air
- Projected release: Q2 2018
NZXT Kraken X72 AIO liquid cooler
With 360 mm AIO, the cooling effect of the NZXT Kraken X72 is considerable, meaning that the surface is more equal to efficient cooling. All you have to do is make sure there is enough space to install a large 360 mm radiator.
To increase safety, there are coated nylon tubes. The fan and pump are adjusted independently with a high-performance engineering pump. The air conditioner comes with a clean and precise design that allows severe overclocking.
In addition, you will find innovative lighting modes for a complete dynamic lighting experience. What’s more interesting about it? Independent RGB addressable design and eternity mirror with CAM capability are provided for comprehensive software monitoring. There is a long, protected tube to improve durability.
The fans are designed with high-performance cooling, advanced durability, and quiet operation – thanks to the Aer P. Cooler radiator fans, suitable for large computer cases and overclocking enthusiasts.
Combining an I9 9900K standard air conditioner with a standard clock is just a waste of air conditioner power. Because the cooling is better with the OCed I9 9900K’s 360MM AIO, which is very powerful.
- Cutting-edge lighting modes
- Three-fan optimal combination
- CAM software for effective control over the fan
- Nicely engineered air-cooling system
- Temperature can be monitored with the software or application
- Aer P radiator fan for efficient air-cooling
- Can get somewhat louder than other CPU coolers
- Expensive model
- Intel Compatibility: 1151 / 1150 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011 / 2011-3 / 2066
- AMD Compatibility: TR4 / AM4 / FM2+ / FM2 / FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2
- Number of Fans: 3X120
- Size: 360MM
- Noise Levels: 21-26dBa
- Weight: 1290 grams
- Cooling Methodology: Liquid
- Lighting Technology: RGB
Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT
If you are looking for a cooler with i9 9900K CPU that meets your expectations, Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT is the right choice. The air cooler works silently and increases the repair of RAM, which makes it the best option.
This beautifully designed air conditioner comes with a large heatsink with seven copper heat pipes. In addition, it uses a 140 mm silent fan that offers a maximum noise level of only 20dBA.
This air conditioner is provided with a Haswell-E optimized base and VGA customs clearance. The color nickel black has certainly attracted the attention of many users. Also, easy and quick installation with the available screwdriver makes it a preferred choice.
Offset heatsink design increases RAM clearance and compatibility. Thermalright’s Le Grand Macho RT comes with or without a fan. It is also possible to use dual fans.
- Efficient performance
- Outstanding build quality
- Reasonably priced
- Individual 140mm fan is sufficient for unmatched performance
- Sleek and ergonomic design
- Expansion-slot clearance could be improved
- Only 1-year warranty
- Intel Compatibility: 775 / 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366 / 2011 / 2011-3 / 2066
- AMD Compatibility: AM2 / AM2+ / AM3 / AM3+ / FM1 / AM4
- Fan Speed: 300 – 1300 RPM
- Fan Size: 140mm x 1
- Cooler Height: 159mm
- Bearing Type: Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB)
- Noise Level: 20 Dba
- Heat Pipes: 7 Copper Heatpipes
Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO AIO liquid cooler
If air cooling is not enough for the i9-9900K, you may want to opt for an AIO liquid cooling system. According to your needs, we introduce the Corsair H150i Pro with great interest. Cooler stock is more than enough for those wanting to overclock the i9-9900k past 5 GHz.
If your file can physically support it and you plan to overclock, this CPU cooler offers effective performance. 360 mm AIOs are overloaded for non-OCed processors.
The Corsair H150i Pro RGB has an RGB color that can be adjusted by the software.
Fan and pump speeds can be controlled via a computer. This unit produces minimal noise with sufficient airflow. Also, the installation and installation never takes time.
- Modifiable RGB backlight
- Magnetic hovering for improved fan speed
- Regulated by Corsair iCUE software
- Well-matched to diverse sockets
- ZERO RPM mode stops turning in low temperature
- Somewhat expensive
- Intel Compatibility List: 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3 and 2066
- AMD Compatibility List: AM2, AM3, AM4, FM1, and FM2
- Size: 360MM
- Number of Fans: 3X120MM
- Noise Levels: 25 dBa
- Weight: 960grams
- Cooling Methodology: Liquid
- Lighting Technology: RGB
NZXT Kraken X62 AIO liquid cooler
This AIO works with the stock speed of the Core i9 9900K, and you may want to overclock it to any 5 GHz kernel without any worries. This build quality is very impressive and looks great on your system.
Typically, the fan volume is 21-38Dba and the fan speed is 500 500 1800 +/- 300RPM which is very impressive.
The air conditioner with optical metal head unit, painted upper lens, RGB LED display, smooth radiator and sleeve tubes offers optimal performance and works silently. It is somewhat more expensive than the competitors but it is definitely worth your purchase. In general, you can never go wrong with the NZXT Kraken X62.
- Excellent aesthetics
- Fit and finish are optimal
- Solid performance
- Advanced engineered pump
- Comes with Aer P radiator
- Improved lighting modes
- Without any added features, it is $10 more than the Kraken X52
- Intel Compatibility: Socket 1151, 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3, 2066
- AMD Compatibility: SocketTR4, AM4, FM2+, FM2, FM1, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2
- LED Modes – Preset Modes: Secure, Breathing, Declining, Canvas, Covering Marquee, Beat, Spectrum Wave, Blinking, Tai Chi, Water Cooler, Loading
- Radiator Size: 280mm
- Fan Size: 140mm x 2
- Fan Speed: 500 – 1800 RPM
- Reactive Modes: Smart and Audio
- Fan: Silent, Performance, Custom, and Manual
- Pump: Silent, Performance, Custom and Manual
- Pump Speed: 1,600~2,800 +/- 300RPM
- Features: RGB LED Lighting, CAM Software support, Sleeved Tubes
The Intel Core i9 9900K is the most durable, fastest, and most up-to-date processor currently available. It does not matter if you are a fan of the game or a casual user, buying the latest processor is definitely your most important thing. Due to the high surface characteristics of the product, it heats up very quickly.
To deal with this, you first need a CPU cooler to maintain the proper temperature and operate the device at its full capacity. Above we have discussed the 6 best CPU coolers for the i9 9900k. You may want to choose one of these for a great job.
Regardless of which option you choose, make sure you are measuring a large radiator of about 280 mm. This should not affect heavy loads for a long time. Also, review the quick tips to learn more about the basics. Make a smart choice!
6 thoughts on “The best CPU cooler for the i9 9900k”
Very rapidly this website will be famous among all blog users, due to it’s good articles
thanks a lot
I needed to thank you for this great read!! I definitely loved every little bit
of it. I’ve got you bookmarked to look at
new things you post…
thanks a lot
Helpful info. Lucky me I discovered your web site accidentally, and I am stunned why this
coincidence didn’t took place earlier! I bookmarked it.
thank you for your nice comment